Old July 25th 03, 05:10 AM
Elmo

I have the 7NNXP. Dual channel will work with 3 or 4 modules if you mix both
double and single sided dimms. This is from page 21 of Gigabytes manual. Its
rather confusing, it lists the following as working:

Dual Channel Technology (DS: Double Side, SS: Single Side)
------------------------DIMM 1------DIMM 2-----DIMM 3-----DIMM 4
2 Memory Modules----DS/SS--------Empty--------DS/SS--------Empty
2 Memory Modules-----Empty--------DS/SS-------Empty---------DS/SS
2 Memory Modules----DS/SS--------Empty--------Empty-----------DS
2 Memory Modules-----Empty--------DS/SS-------Empty-----------DS
3 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------DS/SS-------DS/SS--------Empty
3 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------DS/SS-------Empty-----------DS
3 Memory Modules-----Empty---------DS/SS--------SS-------------SS
3 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------Empty---------SS-------------SS
4 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------DS/SS--------SS-------------SS

You can download the manual in Adobe Acrobat reader (.pdf) format from
Gigabytes website if you need a copy. The GA-7NNXP is a great board. I have
an XP 3000+ Barton native 333MHz running at 11X230 for 2530MHz and 460FSB at
1.90v core. This board has a few drawbacks, no mounting holes around the CPU
socket and very limited space around the CPU. I am using a Swiftech MCW5000
water block on mine and it fits with room to spare.

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
Reading over reviews, I've noticed that the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP and GA-7N400
have four dimm slots. Does anyone know if dual channel operation is
possible with all four slots filled? From what I recall, the NForce

chipset
only support 3 dimm slots, which means that the only way to have dual
channel is to fill just two of them. To confuse things even more, I've

read
a review or two that say, yes dual channel works with four dimms, but
other's that say there is a error correction to the manual, stating that
dual channel works with only two dimms.

Gigabyte tech support hasn't been any help, since I'm still waiting for a
response (it's been days). So I'm just wondering if anyone here might be
able to clarify things.

Thanks,
Harry