Old July 24th 03, 07:47 PM
Harry Muscle

Default GA-7NNXP or 7N400 ... dual channel mem with four dimms

Reading over reviews, I've noticed that the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP and GA-7N400
have four dimm slots. Does anyone know if dual channel operation is
possible with all four slots filled? From what I recall, the NForce chipset
only support 3 dimm slots, which means that the only way to have dual
channel is to fill just two of them. To confuse things even more, I've read
a review or two that say, yes dual channel works with four dimms, but
other's that say there is a error correction to the manual, stating that
dual channel works with only two dimms.

Gigabyte tech support hasn't been any help, since I'm still waiting for a
response (it's been days). So I'm just wondering if anyone here might be
able to clarify things.

Thanks,
Harry