Old July 1st 03, 07:25 PM
Mikk

"goldy" wrote in message
I had the same problem and a girl in this group suggested turning off Top
Performance in the Bios.
apparently TP doesn't always work well.
But for me it stopped the random Crashes.
also check whether you are useing VIA or Microsoft drivers for your usb

2.0.
I have heard that the microsoft ones work better though I've heard only a
couple of opinions on this.
I'm Running an amd 2500 with 333 memory

Ok cheers, trying that now, or at least I would be if I hadn't got lumbered
with some decorating I promised to do in return for treating myself to that
new CPU

Yeah I did put the VIA drivers in, but as I only have 1.1 devices, I don't
know why I did

Yet another fresh install of Windoze will sort that