Old October 22nd 03, 01:22 AM
Shepİ

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:43:53 GMT, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Mark F."
wrote :

Windows 98 shuts down properly. The PC remains running with the "It's
now safe to turn off your computer" screen.

http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.php
PS
If you are at that screen it's safe to turn off anyway
HTH

I understand that you can use the power switch at that point, or at
anytime actually. That's not really the point here. The owner wants her
PC to turn off when she shuts down and it does not. I have already been
through all the software issues. I think the PS is bad.

ACPI must be enabled in the BIOS AND correctly installed to the O/S
for the power-off function.
Look in the System section of the Device Manager for the,
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface entry.You can re-install
this or run the Control Panel/Add New Hardware wizard or if there is a
mother boar drivers disk there may be a drivers pack on there that
needs to be installed?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in gmx for email