Old October 4th 11, 05:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Default Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

On 10/4/2011 2:36 AM, Monica wrote:
Yay! I figured it out I'd already tried just copying the exe from the
desktop to the laptop thinking it might be a (self contained?) little
gadget but that didn't work.
So I navigated to it's folder and zipped up all the files in that
folder. Shared it with the laptop, unzipped, double clicked on the exe
and PRESTO! Then copied it to the c directory and
dropped the exe in the startup folder I like it because it's clear
(no background), clean and AN uncluttered look.
Hummm, a slight setback. When I restarted the computer to see if it
would startup automatically, I got an error message that "the program
can't start because libumajin.dll is missing
from our computer. Try reinstalling the program" It's not missing, it's
just not where the computer expects to find it. On the desktop computer
a copy of it is
in a couple folders in the Dell Stage...laptop doesn't have Dell Stage,
it has Dell Dock (I don't use either). I'll have to take it out of
startup and place a shortcut on the Taskbar, unless someone
has a better idea

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
t...

On 10/3/2011 2:09 AM, Monica wrote:
I love the clean look of this weather widget that shipped with my XPS
8300. Would like to use it on my Inspiron i5 5010 but I can't find it on
line (and no, it's not on Accuweather.com or Dell.com)
Does anyone know how I can get it on the laptop?
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...km1/gadget.jpg
Monica

the dell installed accuweather windows 7 gadget is part of something
dell calls 'dell stage'.
install dell stage and then go to start-allprograms-dellstage-weather to
activate the accuweather gadget.
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...81&l=en&s=bsdv

or
http://tinyurl.com/6yygzo5

dell stage is completely different than dell dock. dell stage primarily
synchronizes devices, dell dock mimics the apple osx application launch
bar menu. and, your welcome.