Old August 11th 09, 09:49 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mark Morrison[_2_]

Default Id / John Carmack announces the PS3 version of RAGE will run at only 20-to-30fps, breaking promise of all versions running at 60fps. Meanwhile the Xbox 360 version still runs at 60fps

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:35:39 -0500, Doug Jacobs
wrote:

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation3 Mark Morrison wrote:
Yet why do I need the disc in the drive when I play
the game

You don't - as soon as I install a new game, I immediately head over
to gamecopyworld and get a crack.

A pain, but it beats playing hunt the DVD.

Yes, and technically illegal. Why must legitimate customers break the law
just in order to play the game in this way? It wouldn't be so bad if the
CD was only accessed once when the game was started, and then it shut the
drive off. But no!

I'd love to see a court case related to this - some guy who downloaded
the crack to play the game on his laptop without taking the DVD with
him. I'd love to see the Game company try to convince a judge to
convict a guy who only wanted to play a game he'd bought in the way he
wanted to.