Old November 11th 03, 06:28 PM
\(\) |V| 3 G /-\\

that be the msblast virus. happens when you connect to the net for a short
while?

enable net firewall, download a certain winXP critical update patch to stop
this RPC error.

tim
"@drian" wrote in message
"jpsga" wrote in message
Curious about the error following the port as opposed to following the
drive. Could it be that all this activity has left some files on the

drives
that the RAID setup BIOS doesn't like? A FAT32 or and MBR or something?

Good thought. Although I did use WD's tool to write zero's to each drive
before setting up an array, each and every time. I wanted to make sure

the
drive's were completely blank before creating the array.

I'm assuming that Port 0 on the motherboard is failing, in RAID mode.
Although Windows XP right now, in single drive mode, is completely

unstable.
I keep getting the message that the RPC service has terminated

unexpectedly.
Could mean the port in general is failing.

@drian.