Old January 22nd 09, 01:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
franz47

Default Best Ethernet NIC with a Gigabyte?

"Keith Lee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
I have an older Gigabyte motherboard with an AMD 1100 CPU. What would be the
best NIC to work with it? I
am hoping to get DSL soon. Thank you.

If it´s just for getting DSL work, you might throw in whatsoever, since very
probably even the speed of an antique 10 MBit/sec NIC will exceed your DLS
connection´s speed. So just to get started, you might pick a NIC from a
computer-junkyard. The NIC very probably will not be the bottleneck in your
"older" system. If you will need a faster NIC you will probably need a new
system, also. New motherboards have a Gigabit NIC on board nowadays. So I would
not spend much money on a faster extra card for your present system.
Regards
Franz47