Old December 21st 20, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_41_]

Default New Build - Followup

SC Tom wrote:

"SC Tom" wrote in message ...
snip

As suggested by Bill and Larc, I got an SSD (Samsung 860 EVO 1GB) and
replaced my system HDD with it yesterday afternoon. I must admit, the
boot time is pretty impressive, although that's never been a problem for
me- I turn it on, make coffee, and it's all finished booting before I
get back to it. Now, it's almost through booting up before I can get my
robe on and leave the room :-)

Congratulations on your "new system"! You'll probably be able to get at
least two years out of it, if you choose to. Then maybe buy another 1GB
storage device when you upgrade your mainboard (if you need that much
storage). Your "migration" process was outside my experience--I never
tried to do that, since I have always used OEM Windows licenses.
Maybe if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, you can look at new
monitors? : ) 27" seems to be the new norm (mine is "only" 24")-but
I remember when my 19" monitor was "large" (but I think I prefer its
"older-style" proportions).