Old October 8th 04, 02:14 AM
mikere

homeboi wrote in message
news
its a tuff choice I can get a 9800 pro 256 and flash to xt, or a BFG 6800
OC?

If you plan on gaming under Linux at all, I couldn't recomment ATI at this
time. I've been a long time fan of ATI, however, I'm finding them to be
extremely limited on their Linux driver support. Here's hoping this changes
in the next month or so - I hear id software had some suggestions on how to
fix a number of problems.

I'd go for the 6800. It has great performance under both OS's. If you can
get them both at the same price, I think it's a no brainer. You might want
to check one of the video card roundups at tomshardware.com if there are any
specific uses you wanted to compare them for.