Old October 4th 04, 12:11 PM
Chip

"Glitch" wrote in message
Nicolai wrote:
its a tuff choice I can get a 9800 pro 256 and flash to xt, or a BFG 6800

6800 - anytime.

Even though I like ATI far more than nVidia I have to say you buy a
6800.It's far better than a 9800 just because it's a new generation
videocard.
If you have the cash I'd recomend an X800 PRO,cause even though nVidia
wins in DOOM 3,ATI cards are better in everything else.

Utter nonsense. The X800 Pro is the same price (give or take) as the
6800GT. The 6800GT beats the X800Pro in most cases and beats it
significantly in Doom3. Moreoever, 99% of 6800GT's will run at 400MHz or
more. At that speed the 6800GT is much faster than the X800Pro.

Chip