Old February 1st 04, 01:19 AM
Karolus des Reyches197

My equipment is all NETGEAR. MR 314 router and MA 401 Card.

"kony" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:14:17 -0500, "Karolus des Reyches197"
wrote:

"a" ? Is that not from the ancient past?

I am using "b", not "g".

It just depends on the environment, and the specific equipment. My
wireless 802.11b gear, mostly D-Link parts, works fine, is reliable
with exception of one very cheap no-name generic card that must stay
relatively nearby the router to work, though i'd already wired all key
locations with CAT-5E so my main disappointment is that I'm suddenly
reminded it's wireless when i try to do something over the lan, like
steaming higher bitrate video.

If your laptop card is a cheap generic, you might try a name brand
card... buy from someplace with a good return policy, and if it
doesn't help the range or speed just return it and pay the restocking
fee.