Old November 10th 09, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
UCLAN[_2_]

Default HDMI Cable

[...top posting corrected]

Martin Racette wrote:

I have bought a few HDMI cables, but I just found out that there is
different specification for them , and I would like to know how do I
find out whether the cable are 1.3 or ealier

Unless you are sending 1080p signals over more than 3 meters, you don't
worry about it. Most all cables sold lately are "1.3" cables.

Nice summary at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Versions

I still don't know how to identify whether my cables are 1.3 or not, I
read the whole page on Wikipedia (I can not say that I undertood
everything, but I did most)

As I stated, you don't worry about it unless you are sending 1080p signals
over 3 meters.

If you *must* know, check the retail packaging the cables came in, or the
online site at which they were purchased.

If none of the above works, and you can't sleep at night without knowing,
buy new cables.

Good HDMI cable FAQ at http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/kb.aspx#46