Old November 15th 04, 07:47 PM
Predator

try uninstalling and using a vga driver, before install the nvidia driver.

or extract the nvidia driver into a directory, go into your hardware manager
and manually tell it to use the driver you specified in that location (the
"have disk" option)
wrote in message
Specs: Win XP SP2 Pentium 3 995 Mhz, 512 mb sdram. 40g HDD, Nvidia
Geforce FX
5600 Graphics Card
Help !
Nov 2004: I updated the latest driver from NVidia, since running the
driver
the display adapter is no longer available. The system is using the
generic
video driver and cannot see the graphics card. Tried the usual look for
hardware changes and removed and reinstalled, removed driver and
reinstalled, tried to install old driver but it is still not working. The
only thing I can think of is that I had antivirus software running when I
installed the driver. Please help as I am completely baffled.