Old September 28th 03, 10:10 PM
Shawk

"Nuckfut" wrote in message
In article ,

Hiya all,

Currently have the XP2100 (Palamino) and looking to upgrade. The mobo
(A7V8X) supports up to XP3000 (Barton) but I dont have that kind of

cash.
What would you advise an effective upgrade might be? (Havent decided
whether I will o/c or not - too much work to be done for cooling - new

case,
new fans etc). Mem is currently 512 meg pc2700.

Use will mainly be gaming and existing graphics card is the Sapphire

9600
Pro.

Cheers, Shawk.

I can run Unreal Tournament 2003 at 1280x1024 32 bit with everything
ramped up full on a XP2000+ and a GF4 Ti4200. Do you even need to
bother upgrading your CPU?

Save your money and wait to see how 64 bit CPUs go.

--
Nuckfut

Hi. This is my friend, Jack ****, and you don't know him.

Thanks, you both of course make a lot of sense. Games are fine at the
moment, still (re) playing Max Payne, MOHAA, UT2003, Devastation etc with
settings pretty much to the max - just thinking of the next round with HL2,
Doom 3 etc. Wouldnt enjoy these if they dont even look as good as the older
games cos I have to turn all the eye candy off to get playable framerates.
I'll do a little reading on the 64bit CPU's and let the money earn a little
interest for now. Cheers, Shawk.