Old September 11th 19, 11:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Phil Reynolds

Default Lexmark CS410dn - flashing display

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:30:48 -0400
Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

I can use PaleMoon to get somewhere with it, but unfortunately I now
get "Error: Connection refused" from the applet.

Any solutions available short of involving Lexmark again?

There's no manual so I cannot check. Apparently it has a built-in
network. Do you know the IP. If not your router log might. Ping that
from a computer inside the same network. If that doesn't work I'm out
of ideas other than the printer might have a web interface already.

If it works install tighten-client or any other NC client for your OS
and start it with the IP of the printer.

I am (obviously. from the above) *way* ahead.

I know full well the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

I cannot use a VNC client for my OS because the VNC port does not open
until I try to launch the VNC applet, and then if I do try one, I get a
brief flash of black and the connection closes.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: