Old August 23rd 19, 07:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Win XP quits loading (Finally forced me to get a new box)

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:26:59 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Sorry. Not everyone's idea of fun is a very considerable collection
of rational software, mostly free, or the means *now* to get with an
aptitude to understand and apply it. Mother Microsoft and its Windows
10 install DVD, respectively, does what it can for a one-sizer
solution among available software protocols ...

More or less among some I might advance as hardcore to people with
wires oddly enough dangling between their teeth:

https://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

I've personally been collecting HIREMS distribution since, oh, they
had to modify them for industrial copyright infringements. Top shelf
resource and repair material with an eye for those that build PCs in
my estimation.

It's also where rational
skills, the knowledge and sense of what is to be expected or imposed
upon software, to subsequently benefit from a hardware selection
choice, is no less demanding if not moreso,