Old August 23rd 19, 07:14 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Frank Slootweg

Default Windows 10 and Laser printer

Eric Stevens wrote:
[...]
I don't know when I got into the the habit but over the years I have
saved an 'Inwards' folder which itself contains folders:

Acronis
Adobe
Agent 8
Agent Ransack
Apple
Arcam
Belarc Advisor
etc. ...

... which in contain copies of all the files (and more folders) of the
software which installed the software on which I depend. For example I
have one:

Oki C5600 C5600_C5600Win7x64_ENU226_tcm3-364...

... which installs the driver for the OKI C5600. I don't know how I
would do a complete reinstall of Windows without all this.

Indeed. I follow a similar procedure. To be [f|F]rank, I didn't know
there was any other way to do it! :-)

For any additional - i.e. not part of Windows - software, I keep the
installation package - in my case in C:\packages - *and* document how I
installed that software on my system. So if something stops working, or
I move to another computer/Windows-version, etc., I just have to check
my notes. I.e. in a case comparable to the OP, my documentation file
HP_LaserJet_Pro_M1132_MFP.

Elementary, dear Watson!