Old June 25th 06, 04:21 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Abit IS7 temp readings

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 07:51:30 -0700, "AAvK" had a
flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

I read that Abit boards have bad quality tempurature sensing, and can be as far off as
+|-10c, is this true??? If so, is there a way to get an accurate reading?

There were errors in temp reading in the early bios of some
motherboards.

I assume any added software will only use the hardware sensors, I am using Motherboard
Monitor 5 showing an average idle temp of 41c whether_or_not the side panel is on the
case. Using a Thermalright XP-90 which is nickel plated copper base, four empty heat pipes,
and aluminum fins, holding a [Fan is a] 92mm Panaflo/54cfm on a P4 2.6c/ht.

How do I find out? What can I trust?

I wish my P4 on my ic7max3 ran that cool at idle.

Since the temps are the same with or without the cover, it means you
have good air flow through your case.

Stephen