Old April 27th 08, 11:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Power Options section greyed out in Display Properties

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:29:32 -0400, "Mr.E Solved!"
brought the following to our attention:

wrote:

there on a separate tab which are totally greyed out too. Now seem to
remember installing a couple versions of BackUps software from APC.
Would that have any affect?

At this point, since everything else seems to be in order, I'd look in
that software and see if it might be the cause.

The way you describe it, it should work. But as you are aware, unrelated
things aren't so unrelated in the PC world.

What do you think the problem is?

I've uninstalled the BackUps software and ran SFC (system file check)
from the CMD prompt. It went through and checked/restored all system
files against the W2K Install CD, Then rebooted and the power controls
are still greyed out.

All I want to do at this point is set the monitor to go into Energy
Saver mode after 15 minutes. Don't know what the problems is now.
I could switch with a known good energy monitor and system to see
how that goes. The dang things are too heavy to be switchin'. )

-G