Old April 27th 08, 12:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default Power Options section greyed out in Display Properties

'g'-G' wrote:
I've had three different nVidia cards in this machine and for the past
6 months the Power Schemes sections have been greyed out in the
Power Options, Screen Saver, Display Properties box. The 21" Dell
990 monitor used to go into `Turn off monitor´ energy saving mode
after 10 mins. I really need this feature to work again with the hot
weather coming around. Any suggestions on how to re-enable?
Running 32MB Riva TNT2 card with 44.03 drives.

_____

As long as we're taking a walk down memory lane, why not throw in the name
of the operating system? I don't know if I can remember that far back, but
the function you are describing has nothing to do with the display adapter
or its drivers, and everything to do with the monitor and operating system.

Phil Weldon

wrote in message
news
I've had three different nVidia cards in this machine and for the past
6 months the Power Schemes sections have been greyed out in the
Power Options, Screen Saver, Display Properties box. The 21" Dell
990 monitor used to go into `Turn off monitor´ energy saving mode
after 10 mins. I really need this feature to work again with the hot
weather coming around. Any suggestions on how to re-enable?
Running 32MB Riva TNT2 card with 44.03 drives.

-G