Old March 30th 05, 12:00 AM
Bobby

Hi Kony. Thanks for trying to help.

The odds of a bad flash using an update tool are MUCH higher
than just using the traditional update from a DOS boot
floppy. For this reason I suggest never to flash any other
way. Just because it works once or on another board doesn't
mean it's guaranteed to work that "next" time.

I now think that the flash was bad - in spite of appearing to work. See my
latest post ("SATA saga") for the latest position.

Did you enter bios and load setup defaults? Try clearing
CMOS too. You're lucky it boots at all, but did you save a
copy of the original bios? It would be better to reflash
the known-good version you were using first to get system
back to state it was in first, before trying some other
method to flash the bios which (can't even be known to work
regardless of flash method, yet).

I saved my original BIOS on my SATA hard drive - which I now can't access. I
now plan to download a fresh copy of the BIOS from the Asus website.