Old March 28th 05, 10:58 PM
Bob Day

"Bobby" wrote in message ...
As some of you will know, I've been having problems with the new SATA hard
disk.

So I tried to upgrade the BIOS of my Asus K8 SE Deluxe motherboard. I used
the flash update tool and everything appeared to work perfectly - but now my
PC doesn't work at all.

It resets either during boot or at login or shortly after boot. This happens
constantly. Safe mode is the only cure.

I solved my SATA problem by reverting to my old IDE drive and this
invariably gave me a stable machine - until I did this BIOS update. Now no
mater which drive I try to use (SATA or IDE) I get constant resets. I tried
removing all mention of RAID/SATA/Promise from Control Panel but the problem
persists.

I can't even restore the BIOS to its old settings (I saved an image before
updating it) since the PC resets before I have time to do this.

Now I have an unusable PC.

Help!

http://www.badflash.com

-- Bob Day