Old June 25th 04, 12:05 AM
FransHals

"bearman" wrote in message ...
"FransHals" wrote in message
m...
I have an aging HP Pavilion machine running NT 4.0 SP 6. I want to
back the image up to a new machine. The older HP has USB 1.1 or a
serial port.

I want to make a copy on a ROM for offsite plus plug in a new machine
in the server room to back up the old machine on a regular basis. I
already back up the data daily but I want an image in case the old
machine dies.

Is there any web based back up services that also do the image?

Alternatively, has anyone used Acronis 7.0 or Symantec 7.0 (both Image
back up).

Acronis seems to have a great product but their tech support is a bit
slow. I would pay in case of an emergency. They should offer that
option. I don' want the old DOS products like Ghost.

Also does anyone know a service where you can find a local tech who
can set this up. Our programmers hate doing tech work. What
accreditation should I look for MSFT certified what? MSCE? I don't
want to get someone in and they screw it up.

I use True Image to make a clone of my main (boot) drive. So far, so good.

I wouldn't even consider anything Symantec puts out (Peter Norton should be
ashamed his name is still on those products).

Acronis support is a little slow but my questions have been answered (via
email).

Bearman

Thanks. I read some reviews of Symantec Drive Image 7.0 on Amazon and
other places and they were scathing. Everything I have read about
Acronis 7.0 is very positive.