Old January 9th 09, 03:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
elodie

Default please help me with xp installation

On Jan 9, 10:22*am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"elodie" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

I have a dell pc with windows vista on it. I want to install windows
xp instead.

Last night I thought I would use my windows xp installation disk to
wipe out the existing windows vista from the hard drive, format the
hard drive and install windows xp instead. But the formatting process
stopped at 10%. I thought that the formatting was just taking long and
went to bed. But this morning the formatting process was still stuck
at 10%. Now when I reboot, all I can do is access the BIOS. I
understand that what I did was not very smart.

I would much appreciate it if someone could indicate what I should do.
Thanks in advance.

Please post your Dell model and number for starters.

Thanks for the message.

It is a Dell Dimension E521 Desktop PC.