Old July 17th 05, 04:21 PM
satoshi

I already got rid of i950. I tell you that it has nothing to do color
on monitor.
If I print plain paper with standard resolution, color is exactly the way I
see on the monitor and the real thing.
The problem starts on glossy papers (all papers other than plain paper).
It appears that i950 has inherent problem on reddish tint. With ip4000,
pictures are gorgeous on glossy and non-glossy papers. So it has nothing
to do with monitor. Epson printers were great but the problem is its
persistent clogging problem. I am very happy with ip4000. Hope this
helps. Satoshi

"Rod Williams" wrote in message
Satoshi wrote:
I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo
Paper. On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures
were reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All
pictures were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem
with camera and screen color.

Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color
level from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures
were still reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what
is the problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head?
Need your help. Satoshi

The i950 is a great printer. First is your monitor calibrated?
Turn off all auto settings, Photo optimization, image opt. Go to manual
settings and play with color settings. If a nozzle check shows OK then you
should be able to correct this. Don't let anyone tell you to buy an Epson
printer.