Old July 17th 05, 02:20 PM
Rod Williams

Satoshi wrote:
I am printing outdoor pictures on Canon i950 using Canon Glossy Photo Paper.
On screen, pictures were sharp and great. When printed, pictures were
reddish overall. Black stuff came out purple on prints. (All pictures
were taken with Sony 5 MP digicam.). I don't see any problem with camera
and screen color.

Using Photoshop, I tried to change the color balance: I changed color level
from red to cyan ( to the level of cyan -60). Printed pictures were still
reddish, though less reddish this time. I am wondering what is the
problem? Should I change magenta ink cartridge or print head? Need your
help. Satoshi

The i950 is a great printer. First is your monitor calibrated?
Turn off all auto settings, Photo optimization, image opt. Go to manual
settings and play with color settings. If a nozzle check shows OK then
you should be able to correct this. Don't let anyone tell you to buy an
Epson printer.