Old July 3rd 05, 03:30 AM
zakezuke

It's that "other stuff" (raw fish) that turns me off. I like rice, I
honestly had a large bowl

California rolls are well, mainly a western thing, and are very tasty.
No fish or meat just avacado and cucumber rice and a seaweed roll.
Some people put mayo on them... but that I find doesn't agree with me.

Most of the store bought sushi actually uses cooked fish, with the
exception of seattle rolls which tend to be made with uncooked lox and
cream cheese. This is one of my favorites.

Spider, rainbow, caterpillar, and crunch roll I believe are also
western in orgin.

But heck, make your own rolls if you like. I've always been meaning to
try some mixtured of sauted prawns and mushrooms. The worst thing that
can happen is you'll have rice and something else you like wrapped in
seaweed, and it's very hard to find things that don't go with rice and
seaweed.