Old August 26th 04, 02:57 AM
Synapse Syndrome

"Courseyauto" wrote in message
Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message

The K8N-E Deluxe supports ECC, un-buffered. Is it worth the extra, as I
will probably

Whoops. .. have 3 RAM modules eventually, which apparently needs ECC?

ss.
--------------------------
The ECC ram is mainly for servers,where reliability is important but it

is not
as fast as non ECC ram. If you have a 754 3000 Athlon 64 it does not need

ECC
ram... It is not what the MB takes for ram it is what the CPU requires.

Dont
use any more ram than you need,it looks like the Athlon 64's are picky

about
how much and what kind of ram it will like.... DOUG

I think I'll just get 2x256MB of non-parity RAM for now. Maybe I'll replace
them further down the line with 2x512MB if I feel the need.

Cheers

ss.