Old November 2nd 03, 10:46 PM
DaveW

The signal from dvi to dvi avoids a dvi-to-analog then analog-to-dvi
conversion and results in a much cleaner pure digital signal.

--
DaveW

"Muttly" wrote in message
Hey all.
I'm considering buying a lcd monitor. I've mostly had lg monitors and I've
never had a problem with them so I'm probably going to stay with lg. I'm
looking at 2 monitors, L1710S and L1710B, it pretty obvious they are
basically the same monitor exept the S version has dvi-i input but is
supplied with a d15 converter. My current graphics card dosen't have a dvi
output so I will have to use the converter for a while. However I am going
to be upgrading my graphics card very soon, maybe at the same time as I

buy
the monitor. Most likely I'll be getting either a geforce fx 5600 or if I
can get enough moey together a 5900. Either way these cards will have a
dvi-i output. What I want to know is should I save ?80 and buy the one
without the dvi or would it be much better to buy the one with the dvi?

What
are the advantages/disadvantages to dvi?
Thanks.
Martin