Old August 14th 17, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Using an external monitor with HP Pavilion dv6t-3100 Select EditionEntertainment laptop

t wrote:
I tried connecting a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop to an external monitor and
it did not get any signal. The monitor was taken from a desktop where it
was working.

The laptop has a integrated Intel graphics card 512MB which it is using
and a dedicated graphic card AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series 512MB
which is not used.

I checked the laptop BIOS but it does not seem to have a way to switch
from the integrated graphic card to the AMD card. The integrated
graphics card seems to support only one monitor, which is the laptop
screen. It is running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and when I disabled the
integrated Intel graphics card from Windows device manager, it did not
switch to the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series graphic card but went
blank.

1. Can an external monitor be connected to this laptop powered by the
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series graphic card?

2. Is there a way that the integrated Intel graphics card can support
the external monitor?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There do seem to be a few problems with it. And I'm surprised nobody
mentioned trying an F key to cycle through the modes. The people who
got relief, changed video drivers. Pretty weird.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...2673015/page/2

And there are a lot of different configurations for that family.
That should make life interesting.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pav...s.53642.0.html

Paul