Old June 27th 08, 07:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Mac Cool

Default My X2 5400 is running too hot

Wes Newell:

Actually, I meant cutting a round hole in the cover in line with the cpu
cooler and ducting the outside air to the cooler fan using an air duct.
But this may be too much of an extreme measure. Just cutting the hole
about 3" in dia. should help a lot.

I actually have a hole alread there and another square vent hole several
inches below that. Putting a duct in is a good idea.

I've had to modify every case I ever installed a front intake fan in.
Otherwise the fan just starves for outside air and is real noisy. Maybe
before doing anything you should remove the side cover and see what that
does to temps. Then you'll have something to go on.

I went ahead and peeked in there and it doesn't seem there is hardly any
ventilation in the front. I would definitely have to cut something
otherwise a fan would be sucking plastic.

I took the side cover off and directed a fan into the case.

first number is with case side on under load, second number is case side
off under load.

temp1: 64 50
temp2: 46 40
temp3: 25 25