Old November 2nd 03, 02:02 PM

In article ,
says...
My TV has a S-Video connector and I understand the back of the 9600
Pro has this kind of S-Video connector as well. Does it mean I can
simply run a S-Video cable from my computer to my TV and then I'd be
able to watch videos on my TV set instead of my computer? Does the
S-Video cable carries audio signal too or just video signal.

If it is possible, are there picture quality issues I should be aware
of?

Andre

hi, i have the 8500 not the 9600. the s-output on the card has a 7 pin
configuration. the standard 4 pin 3 foot long s video cable included
with my card prompted me to try the same 4 pin s-video in a 50 foot
length. after plugging the s-video into the card and my widscreen about
45 feet away, i booted up the pc and the image from my monitor was
displayed on the widescreen... to my disbelief. :-) you'll need 60 mhz
settings for the tv.
i watch movies with no noticable quality loss even at the 45 feet cable
distance. i went with the rca plugs for sound, although i can turn on
my amped multimedia pc speakers and enjoy the audio that way also.
the link below provided a good selection, info and prices. good luck.

plissken

http://www.pccables.com