Old June 21st 07, 08:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Rick F.

Default Anything in the front right corner of a Storageworks 4300 series enclosure?

On 2007-05-29, Barry OGrady wrote:
On 07 Mar 2007 16:38:35 GMT, "Rick F." wrote:

For those of you that remember, I won an auction on Ebay for a storageworks
enclosure only to find that it arrived damaged. The damage seems to be only
in the front right corner of the chassis which I think has no electronics
nearby, but wanted to get your inputs. I won't be able to use any slots
near the right side of the chassis due to the damage, but wanted to get your
inputs on whether I should even try to use it.. I've had a refund issued the
other day care of the seller (less the shipping $$ which I may get back later
as UPS still munches on the damage report).. Ideally, I could just salvage the
guts as they're probably fine (power supply, SCSI interface, etc) but was
curious about the box in general.. Any ideas on whether I should even try to
use it or just ditch it would be appreciated..

Shouldn't you return it to the seller now you have a refund?

Hmm.. You're just a tad late on this discussion.. The enclosure has already been
parted out and taken to the electronic salvage place run by LA county.. Yes, I did
get my $$ back but was able to keep the stuff as well since UPS paid the seller
directly.. You're just about 3 months late..