Old March 9th 07, 05:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default Anything in the front right corner of a Storageworks 4300 series enclosure?

On 2007-03-08, Phil wrote:
What ya give for a cage with no ps and cards? shipping would be much

cheaper
that way.

Are you offering one? I paid $51 for this now goofed up one and it came

with
everything but rails -- it even came with a bunch of drives (luckily I'm
hoping they still work as they were shipped in a separate package that
arrived intact). I might be willing to fork over ~$40 particularly if
you've got rails for it. If it helps, I believe my model was the 4314
but would have to double-check if it really matters (I suspect it doesn't)
for the existing power supply/cards. If $40 isn't good enough, let me

know
what you want for one..

Thx!

That or Less, I have a variety of those units, branded HP and Compaq. As
long as you have the modules, the 4214 and 4314 will work, everything is
interchangeable. The 4200 series is a cream color like the older G1 servers
and the 4314 is a dark grey matching the later series of Compaq and HP
I have rails, but not with units. Actually those units have an L shape rail
that the unit just rests on. It's not a bearing slide type rail like the
servers use. Once installed, everything to do with that unit as accessible
from the front or rear. I'll be at my warehouse this weekend and let you
know, but I may have some frames without modules that would be cheap. As far
as power supplies are concerned, They are dirt cheap, so I was just thinking
of saving weight on shipping since you have them. I have never seen them
crap out so I doubt you need spares.
Phil