Old January 30th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Default problem playing avi files

wrote:

Good for them. My "proof" is almost ten years of fixing
systems hosed by these codec packs.

Your claims seem more of an appeal to emotion, rather than founded on
evidence.

I personally use K-Lite codec packs in lieu of installing Windows Media
Player, Real Player, Quick Time and DivX. I have never had a problem
relating to them, nor have I had any peers report any problems. In fact,
the countless thousands of people who use them constantly, belie your
outrageous assertion and is more supportive to their real value to end
users than just my anecdotal evidence. I suspect there is more to your
contrariness than just a friendly caution to the casual reader.