Old January 29th 07, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default problem playing avi files

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:50:54 -0500, "Mr.E Solved!"

Geforce FX5900XT on an asus K8VSEDX board with a 2.2 g AMD Athlon 64
cpu and 1024 mb ddr memory.

The problem: I can select and play an avi file in vlc, Nero showtime
or Creative Media Player. It plays fine. When it ends I select the
second part, or another, different avi file and try to play it.

Frame speed is reduced dramatically, leaving a jerky picture with the
sound out of sync. The only way I can play a second avi is to reboot.

Has anyone seen this, or can anyone point me at a cure? It's really,
really irritating....

ps I have tried with the very latest Nvidia files. No difference.

TIA...Pete

Try these:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

At the very least, it will eliminate codecs as the source of the
problem, if it doesn't fix it completely.

Thanks for the input - tried that - same result exactly.