Old April 19th 09, 05:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JR Weiss[_3_]

Default What about LCD monitors?

"John Doe" wrote in message

Any hands-on experienced opinions with LCD monitors? They are both
lighter and more energy efficient?

I have a 19 inch ViewSonic PF790 (middle to high end) old monitor that
still looks great. It is big and heavy, but that is not an issue. What
LCD monitor would match the picture and size of that monitor?

How much better is 24 over 22 inch? What are the usable screen
dimensions, width times height?

There are MANY levels of LCD monitors, just as there were many levels of CRT
monitors...

The higher-end Samsungs have been excellent performers and reasonable
values, though their lower-end line has had less than stellar performance.
I have 2 higher-end Samsungs, of 2 distinctly different generations (3 years
different), and they are both VERY nice, even compared to my old Trinitrons.

Read individual specs for individual screen dimensions. If you value screen
height, the "wide screen" sizes may not impress you as much as the diagonal
measurement may suggest.