Old July 26th 07, 07:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
tenor20

Default Replacing eIDE Boot drive with SATA - OS setup says "NTLDR is Missing" BIOS issues?

Optiplex GX270 512/p4 2.6

HD crashed. I also have a EIDE 80g data drive.

I bought a wd 160g sata to replace the maxtor 60g diamondmax eide that
crashed.

Ran the wd life drive tools to format and partition (137gig for
windows 2000 - apparently there is a windows fix to recognize the
whole drive once you are up and running.)

Using windows 2000 bootdisk1 (because I am doing a clean install from
the UPGRADE CD) - it stops when anylizing the Hard Drive configuration
and gives me NTLDR is Missing.

Though the bios setup recognizes the drive - the first message I get
is "Primary Drive 1 not found". I believe the problem is here...with
the bios.

Help Please! already wasted 4 days googling for answers.

PS FDisk recognizes the partition and says it is active, and Life
Drive saw it and formatted and partitioned - so it isn't completely
invisible. Also- Is there a problem having the IDE drive connected
during this process - and how should i cable and jump it so that the
SATA is primary?