Old November 14th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default SATA data cable - pin query

Hi,

Further to the issues I have been having with a broken SATA data
connector (which still works after being wedged on!) I was wondering
about the pin arrangement on the connector. I note there are 2
transmit and 2 receive pins with 3 ground pins...

My question is - what if one or more of the ground pins were not
connected, would the drive still work and if so is it dangerous? i.e.
must ALL 7 pins be connected before the drive will work/be seen by XP?

thanks for your help

Gav