Old July 26th 04, 09:12 AM
Edward W. Thompson

Default EBuyer

There seems to have been some negative comments re Ebuyer in recent
days/weeks and nothing positive. I think it fair to try to redress
balance. I have recently ordered from EBuyer and received the goods
promptly at the best price I could find in the UK.

I live in a rural area and the goods were delivered by City Link on
the day promised. As far as I am concerned, based upon a single
experience, EBuyer is as good as it gets.

As a global comment, if we want the lowest possible price the overhead
of the supplier is going to have to be very tightly controlled.
Generally that means customer service is not necessarily poor quality
but it does not respond to enquiries, complaints and the like as
quickly as we would like due to fewer staff. Low price suppliers will
also use of the lowest price contractors for things like delivery.

If you can't accept these negatives as the price you sometimes will
pay (perhaps more accurately the price you don't pay ) for buying
from the cheapest source then buy from another supplier who will give
'better' service but will charge you for it by an increase in price as
compared to EBuyer. Ever thought of PC World? Sorry, they provide
high price an no service!

I don't think there is anything new here, but recent posts do seem to
me to be somewhat unfair to EBuyer.