Old July 1st 03, 09:30 AM
Clemens Arth

"Wes Newell" wrote in message t...
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:28:30 -0700, Clemens Arth wrote:

http://mitac.com/micweb/products/notebook/7321.html

Not found....

Sorry, Wes, my fault: The 'l' at the end is wrong:

http://mitac.com/micweb/products/notebook/7321.htm

I think you're right - sometimes you might think producers of pc
components only want to make profit instead of give appropriate
support to their customers - "You'd better buy a new one than to
upgrade your old one...".

There's a block of four jumpers located behind the keyboard, so
playing around a bit might get things going - until now there's no
announcement about the jumper settings...

I couldn't find a document telling me the thermal specification of any
MOBILE Athlon processor. So I don't know how much thermal power each
processor produces, but according to some articles I read they are all
producing about 40 to 50W - I don't think my AthlonM 1200 is producing
much less then 40 now.

So did I get you right? Documents say, CPUs have a maximum FSB of 266
- using it at 200MHz is no problem? If running them at 200 is no
problem why shouldn't I buy a new XP M 2800+ if I can get it cool
enough?
I noticed that there might be several different forms of XP-M CPUs for
desktop or notebook use, different packages (18/13 micrometer). Do
they all use low voltage stepping? So, knowing that the 13s need lower
default voltage and can get higher in speed, using them shouldn't be a
problem I guess...

Clemens