Old October 27th 04, 08:07 PM
Information Scavenger

Default Asus A7N8X-X and AMD Athlon XP 3200+

I have had this Asus A7n8x-x MB for several months now running an AMD
Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8 ghz CPU) not overclocked in any way. I just
received an AMD XP 3200+ CPU and I was trying to find some resource on
the web to tell me the exact MB settings I should change for this CPU.
If I just put it in the machine, it detects as an AMD Athlon XP 1100+
with the multiplier set in BIOS to 100. If I change it to 133, it
displays 1900+ and 166 displays it as a 2500+ cpu...if I set it to 200
the system will not boot (until I power it completely off, then the
ASUS safe mode tells me that the CPU is set incorrectly and to go in
and change it.

I had hoped for some paper to come with my xp 3200+ to allow me to set
this BIOS correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Oh and I am running the latest version of the BIOS available from the
ASUS UPDATE utility.