Old November 29th 03, 02:26 PM
Rob Jones

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:12:51 -0000, Ben Pope wrote:

It's not too bad, usully there is a bootloader section that is not usually
flashed, allows you to flash a new BIOS even if part of it is corrupted.

It's still easy to FUBAR the motherboard - pulling power mid flash is the
most likely route to failure, or flashing in Windows, we all know it's prone
to crashing at the least opportune moment.

I've flashed the BIOS on my A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 several times and not had a
problem, I usually either use the built in awdflash or awdflash on a floppy.

http://www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html#BIOS_Flash

I think for many of those that have had problems when flashing, they found
that clearing cmos worked. If you happily change settings in the BIOS and
the machine restarts/powers on properly every time you should be ok.

BIOS saviour is basically two flash chips that you can swap between, it's
quite a good idea.

Ben

Thanks Ben, I take a look at your page and have a good read.