Old January 25th 04, 12:07 AM
jimbo

"GlueGum" wrote in message ...
If I ask this question at a Linux ng, they'll say XP sucks. If I ask at an
XP ng, they'll say Linux sucks.

From what I've read Mandrake is the best for desktop apps and for newbies
(like me). I've been using windows since 3.11(currently XP home) and was
wondering if anybody here uses Linux, and how does it compare to XP?

Well, I have tried to use Linux twice. (I read the hype and wanted to
try something other than another Windows.) But, both times I gave up
in disgust. Linux makes even simple tasks such as adding new software
very difficult. And despite claims that there is a lot of software
available, there isn't. (But someone is working on it and it might be
available sometime in the future.) I think Linux is fine for real
computer geeks who want a "kick ass" operating system and maybe for
servers, but for the other 90 percent of us it just doesn't work.

Regards, jimbo