Old January 24th 04, 08:23 PM
Sooky Grumper

GlueGum wrote:
If I ask this question at a Linux ng, they'll say XP sucks. If I ask at an
XP ng, they'll say Linux sucks.

From what I've read Mandrake is the best for desktop apps and for newbies
(like me). I've been using windows since 3.11(currently XP home) and was
wondering if anybody here uses Linux, and how does it compare to XP?

Comparing two operating systems would require a book. Yes, people here
use linux. No, we're not going to write a book for you. Ask a specific
question, otherwise, all you're asking is 'which do you like better',
and the responses to that question should be predictable: whichever the
respondent is using.