Old April 14th 09, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Default Direct3D functionality not available (again)

Haven't dealt with AGP in a long time... Try capping the AGP speed to 4x in
BIOS. My VIA K8T800 board from back in the day never worked correctly at 8x,
despite having the latest GART drivers.

"PhilT" wrote in message
Well, I've searched and searched and the common answer is drivers - I
have the latest VIA Hyperson drivers, the latest ATI drivers etc etc
and guess what ... it still doesn't work. I have wiped all drivers and
started from scratch but still no luck. Having seen many posts where
driver updates DO NOT resolve the problems, I suspect there is still
something else wrong for me and many others.

My last option is to re-install Windows XP (yes it is a genuine copy)
and try again. In an earlier post, I mentioned that a colleague has to
do this regularly to resolve the same problem on his PC - despite
having all the latest drivers installed.
I suspect something in the original install gets screwed up by an
update somewhere and nobody has managed to post a solution anywhere.