Old November 22nd 03, 04:30 PM
Rob

If I remember correctly, the Creative Labs Package won't install
properly over the WDM drivers that Windows puts in automatically. To
get it sorted out you must first remove any drivers listed in the Device
Manager. Then remove any Blaster software you have installed before and
power down the system. Remove the card and restart the PC to clean out
all the stuff and then shut down. Replace the card and boot into "Safe
Mode". You should then be able to run the installer and when it asks
for restart at the end do things normally. All should be well then.
Let me know if this helps.

Rob

Slash wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:14:38 +0100, Stephan Grossklass
scribbled:

Michel Sandrat schrieb:

Hi everybody,

I have some problem to install a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (eom) on a P3BF rev
1.04.

Windows 2000 see the new device at startup, but when I launch the installer
of the driver (download on Creative Lab of course) he say that I have NO
Soundblaster (I swear I have one...).

Any ideas ???

Which PCI slot is the card in, and what does that share a PCI INT with
(routing table in the manual)? Creative cards can be picky there.

Stephan

It's also possible that the original software install CD is required -
Creative is extremely picky about this, only allowing updates to be
made available from their website. Which require the original
software/drivers be installed, of course. I'm sure they'd let you
purchase a CD from them, but an easier way might be to find someone
with an SB Live! 5.1 CD and borrow it.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"