Old December 1st 09, 03:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Mike M.

Default GA-MA785GM-US2H and Win2K

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:23:26 -0800, Andy wrotF:

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:28:23 -0600, Mike M.
wrote:

Is it possible to use this board with Win2k?

AMD stopped supporting Windows 2000 several years ago, so video and
chipset drivers aren't available for the board.

Thanks,

That is about what I figured. I didn't know if the XP drivers would
work for Windows 2000 since they are fairly close. I bought a
recycled XP Pro retail upgrade package so I guess I've got that
covered now, and will be able to use the board without buying an
nVidia video card or learning Linux.