Old May 22nd 05, 05:09 PM
Conor

In article 9t%je.21012$iU.11731@lakeread05, John in VA says...
farmuse wrote in
ink.net:

what do you mean by worse ? the GF 4 MX series is not Direct x
9, or
even 8 if I am not mistaken, if you want to play todays games get
a direct x 9 card, spend the max your budget will allow to get
more performance. 50 dollar card won't bring much joy. I wouldn't
buy anything less than a 6600 or 6800.

I mean the 128mb card is slower and jerkier than my 32mb card.

No it isn't when running the same DirectX version.

According to the box, it is DirectX 9 compatible.

I doubt it. Compatible doesn't mean "full feature set support".

I understand that if
I had paid 300 bucks for a video card it would perform a lot better,
but surely (I thought), a card with 4x the amount of onboard memory
would perform better than it's predecessor...

It would if you did an exact like for like comparison.

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.